Skip to main content

Help Wanted: Hines Plumbing


Hines Plumbing ...these guys are like a good (not great) relationship; the end result is satisfying but you might be doing most of the calling! Jack the owner is very upfront about cost which is helpful if you are on a tight budget like we are. We have called them for a number of issues from a leaking sink to a flooding basement. I have had to call a few times to confirm appointment times or even get them to come out but since we have a relationship already I haven't given up and called someone else. Persistence here seems to get me the guy in the end, right? But I'm paying them...wow, lots of joke potential there right?

My only true disappointment was when they assessed the front water and sewer lines needed to be replaced they didn't warn us what the yard would look like when they were through. Destroyed. War torn. Embarrassing. Sure, they tried to do a bit with the dirt pile and spread some grass seed after I asked, but they sure aren't landscapers! I almost cried and I'm not a crier. I would suggest they thoroughly prepare homeowners so they can budget in the cost of fixing the yard afterwards...maybe even link up with a landscaper to pass businesses on to.

One of the Hines guys also told me my water delivery pipe from the city water was still lead but wasn't supposed to be. I was so grateful he let me know. He suggested I call the city and ask them to replace it. Since lead is most harmful to children and pregnant women you can imagine I might have considered getting hysterical. I stayed cool and called the city and they said they were treating the water to protect it from lead pipes. I said I didn't care and was still uncomfortable with that. They were in front of my house within a week tearing up the street to replace the pipes...THAT was great customer service and I didn't pay a dime!

Interesting note-Hines Plumbing is only three guys! The shiny trucks and excellent marketing (have you seen the toilet signs???) make it look like a large company so I was very impressed with the marketing campaign.

To carry on with the relationship analogy; using Hines Plumbing is kind of like dating a snappy dresser who sometimes brings you dinner ingredients but then you still have to cook it yourself! Hines Plumbing....I like 'em, just be ready to keep calling them.

Comments

  1. Always room for improvement....thanks for bringing this to mt attention.... And thanks for calling us back a few times after the sewer linr replacement ...we appreciate the business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad this helps Jack, I would have sent you a link if you were on FB so enjoy social media more! Thanks for your latest work on the homestead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Help Found: O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers

Screen addiction is a real thing and I sure have it.  Even as my daughters get older and more independent, I'm working to keep them off of screens most of the time.  We are all in on the library summer reading program and they know the only screen I like saying yes to is for ebooks.  Both of my daughters love books, and they just got rewarded for it on a routine visit to the vet!  A love of reading can help with screen addiction, and bookstores are a great solution. Until last week, I did not know there was a used bookstore in Chesterton, Indiana!  I have yet to visit the bookstore O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers, but my daughters and I are already raving fans.  One of the owners Jill,  stopped us at the veterinarian's office  to compliment my daughter Portia who was reading a book.  She said "I just love seeing children reading books, and I'd like to give you this card for $5.00  credit at our book store  O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers" .  We all smile

Help Found: Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing in Portage Indiana

Sometimes you meet someone who is doing exactly what they need to be doing in the world. I love it when this happens!  I saw Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing today when I was driving around and I thought he was one of those people.   I haven't actually met Bill.   He might to a horrid job detailing I dunno...but it feels like he is an awesome guy, doing  exactly what the world needs him to do.  Detailing takes attention to (wait for it....DETAIL) and patience. Hiring someone to detail you car for example, that buys you back precious time in a day.  This Bill guy...he takes even better care of folks by being mobile and bringing the business to them.   Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing. I was curious, so I looked Bill up. I know most people do not take the time to review businesses, but of the 18 people who did review Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing, Good ol Bill got FIVE STARS!  Bravo!  What great customer service to have a MOBILE Auto Detailing business for cars.  I wa

Help FOUND: Milkbands FREEBIE Contest!

Win a useful & unique gift (my favorite combination!) for any nursing mother...also a fantastic shower gift. I'm offering THREE free milkband bracelets from "www.milkbands.com" and I'll even cover the postage for you. I posted in May about Udder Covers from www.milkbands.com and the great service I received from them. Unfortunately I did not receive my package in a timely manner which surprised me. I called Jenny at their 800 number and left a message. She called back mortified and together we figured out it must have been a snafu at the Post Office. Jenny continued the great customer service streak by reshipping my order that day and including five milkband bracelets for me...super nice. I'm sharing like the thoughtful gal I am, of course. To win, simply comment on this post with a customer service experience story I can share on the blog. It can be good or bad but must be truthful and as detailed as possible. The first three stories win bracelets,