Skip to main content

Help FOUND: Bayerischer Hof, Germany

This story is from my friend Sara from her trip to Germany. This is real "Raving Fan' service.


As a matter of fact I do have a Customer Service story. While in Munich earlier this month I stayed at the BAYERISCHER HOF. I slept in the first morning. When I finally got down to the lobby it was beyond the breakfast hours. I asked the Concierge where we might find a coffee at this time of day. He named a coffee house on the town square. As I looked blank he whipped out at map to show me where to go, Then he said "No. It is too complicated. My colleague will show you. Also, as they might be busy at this time, I'll call to get you a table." So he called and his colleague,Tina, took us to the door. I thought she would point us on our way. But NO. She began walking with us, down the street for two blocks, then across a sweet little park, turned right, across this new street and on a few buildings, in the door, into the elevator, up to the "first" floor and in the door. Tina took us the the hostess and introduced us as the hotel's American guests. When the hostess greeted us, Darling Tina wished us a good coffee and took off back to the hotel.

That is good German service. PS, We had our coffee and then delayed over it and a delicious pastry until it was lunch time. Lunch was superb.


Oh Sara! What a wonderful story and customer service experience. Finding people who truly care about the customer is so rare and priceless. What I love most about this story is that you would have been satisfied at any point during your interactions, even if the concierge giving you the coffee shop's name was the end of the story. The fact that both employees went so far to ensure your satisfaction in someone else's product reflects well on them as employees of the hotel and as good hearted people in their daily lives. Thank you so much for sharing Sara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help Found: O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers

Screen addiction is a real thing and I sure have it.  Even as my daughters get older and more independent, I'm working to keep them off of screens most of the time.  We are all in on the library summer reading program and they know the only screen I like saying yes to is for ebooks.  Both of my daughters love books, and they just got rewarded for it on a routine visit to the vet!  A love of reading can help with screen addiction, and bookstores are a great solution. Until last week, I did not know there was a used bookstore in Chesterton, Indiana!  I have yet to visit the bookstore O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers, but my daughters and I are already raving fans.  One of the owners Jill,  stopped us at the veterinarian's office  to compliment my daughter Portia who was reading a book.  She said "I just love seeing children reading books, and I'd like to give you this card for $5.00  credit at our book store  O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers" .  We all smile

Help Found: Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing in Portage Indiana

Sometimes you meet someone who is doing exactly what they need to be doing in the world. I love it when this happens!  I saw Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing today when I was driving around and I thought he was one of those people.   I haven't actually met Bill.   He might to a horrid job detailing I dunno...but it feels like he is an awesome guy, doing  exactly what the world needs him to do.  Detailing takes attention to (wait for it....DETAIL) and patience. Hiring someone to detail you car for example, that buys you back precious time in a day.  This Bill guy...he takes even better care of folks by being mobile and bringing the business to them.   Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing. I was curious, so I looked Bill up. I know most people do not take the time to review businesses, but of the 18 people who did review Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing, Good ol Bill got FIVE STARS!  Bravo!  What great customer service to have a MOBILE Auto Detailing business for cars.  I wa

Help FOUND! The Personal Touch of Remus Farms in Hobart Indiana

Enjoy this guest post from Leeann Wright. Remus Farms is the best "farm stand" around! Their selection of locally sourced produce is amazing. Plus, their policy of "if you're not happy, we're not happy" is fantastic - I followed a thread regarding tomatoes for canning. One gentlemen purchased what appeared to be ripe tomatoes, but when he got them home and started chopping, discovered they were not ripe inside. Remus replaced all the tomatoes purchased - that was awesome! I went there this past weekend to get tomatoes, onions, and peppers for canning tomato sauce and salsa. I have been going there for several years and still continue to be impressed with the variety of the produce - all at really good prices. What I like most is their efforts to source as much as they can locally. I'm thrilled to see produce from down the street, but also from states close by, such as peaches from Michigan.  "What a treat!  I could have very well mana