Skip to main content

Help FOUND: Sally's Beauty Supply

I am a fake redhead. I've been a fake redhead for about 20 years and most every month of those years I have colored it red my very own self. I love salon color and know it is better in every way, but I just rarely have the budget for it when I know I can do a fair second for so much less. I have even tried beauty school color but it is just too hit or miss for me. Besides, I can color my hair in my own bathroom as my two bitty kidlets sleep instead of hiring a sitter and scheduling everything to go to have it colored by professionals. So I slack.

Recently I gawked at a beauteous head of red red red hair as we dropped our kids off at the YMCA to go work out. I said, "Please tell me that is not natural, and then tell me where you get it done!" The pretty lady laughed and said, "Actually I work at a salon, Vanis, here in Valparaiso." We talked and I struggled not to ask to touch her red hair like I did before when I had hair lust."

I plan to check Vanis out for my next haircut, but I still cannot seem to budget fifty bucks or more for color. For some reason this exchange with the firey faux redhead jogged my memory that I could buy professional hair color to use at home at Sally Beauty Supply! I also remember the only other time I bought hair color from Sally Beauty Supply I ended up with purple hair my first year in college! I now know not to do the violet reds. I was young then. I got very excited and couldn't wait to get in there and see what they had to offer.

On June 6 about 6:00pm a friend dropped me off to pick my car up from the mechanic and I decided to run a "quick kid free" errand to Target since my husband was home with the kids. Then of course I decided to "quickly" pop into Sally's and look at their color. I was trying to hurry and wasn't sure if I would get what I needed before my husband had to call to see if I was ever coming home.

The clerk Kirsten greeted me and asked if I needed help. Did I ever! I quickly babbled all of my information out and she easily and happily helped me find everything I needed in a super fast amount of time. I also asked about color depositing shampoos since red fades quickly and we have hard water to boot. She guided me to the shampoos but then mentioned her boss used a hair glaze when she was a redhead. She went to wherever that was and grabbed a tube to show me...I have no idea where she got it from because she did all the questing. It looked perfect (and cheaper than the shampoo & conditioner I would have purchased)

Shopping at Sally's and being helped by Kirsten actually felt like my gal pal and I were shopping together, not a clerk offering customer service! I was very pleased with Kirsten's customer service...she helped me with everything I needed and did it FAST. As you can see from my hair color drama I needed help, and I found it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help Found: O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers

Screen addiction is a real thing and I sure have it.  Even as my daughters get older and more independent, I'm working to keep them off of screens most of the time.  We are all in on the library summer reading program and they know the only screen I like saying yes to is for ebooks.  Both of my daughters love books, and they just got rewarded for it on a routine visit to the vet!  A love of reading can help with screen addiction, and bookstores are a great solution. Until last week, I did not know there was a used bookstore in Chesterton, Indiana!  I have yet to visit the bookstore O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers, but my daughters and I are already raving fans.  One of the owners Jill,  stopped us at the veterinarian's office  to compliment my daughter Portia who was reading a book.  She said "I just love seeing children reading books, and I'd like to give you this card for $5.00  credit at our book store  O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers" .  We all smile

Help Found: Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing in Portage Indiana

Sometimes you meet someone who is doing exactly what they need to be doing in the world. I love it when this happens!  I saw Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing today when I was driving around and I thought he was one of those people.   I haven't actually met Bill.   He might to a horrid job detailing I dunno...but it feels like he is an awesome guy, doing  exactly what the world needs him to do.  Detailing takes attention to (wait for it....DETAIL) and patience. Hiring someone to detail you car for example, that buys you back precious time in a day.  This Bill guy...he takes even better care of folks by being mobile and bringing the business to them.   Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing. I was curious, so I looked Bill up. I know most people do not take the time to review businesses, but of the 18 people who did review Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing, Good ol Bill got FIVE STARS!  Bravo!  What great customer service to have a MOBILE Auto Detailing business for cars.  I wa

Help FOUND! The Personal Touch of Remus Farms in Hobart Indiana

Enjoy this guest post from Leeann Wright. Remus Farms is the best "farm stand" around! Their selection of locally sourced produce is amazing. Plus, their policy of "if you're not happy, we're not happy" is fantastic - I followed a thread regarding tomatoes for canning. One gentlemen purchased what appeared to be ripe tomatoes, but when he got them home and started chopping, discovered they were not ripe inside. Remus replaced all the tomatoes purchased - that was awesome! I went there this past weekend to get tomatoes, onions, and peppers for canning tomato sauce and salsa. I have been going there for several years and still continue to be impressed with the variety of the produce - all at really good prices. What I like most is their efforts to source as much as they can locally. I'm thrilled to see produce from down the street, but also from states close by, such as peaches from Michigan.  "What a treat!  I could have very well mana