Skip to main content

Help Found and Wanted: Blackbird Cafe, Valparaiso IN

We moved to Valparaiso, IN almost one year ago and have delighted in checking out a variety of edibles available here. We live downtown so walking is our favorite option to access the charming and delicious downtown square's abundance of foodie indulgences. Last night my hubby and I had a walking date night. We strolled all over looking at houses, talking about our two Peeps and life in general.

We ended up at Blackbird Cafe on Lincolnway for a cup of the black stuff and a sugar indulgence. It was not my first visit. The first few times I went for anything from a breakfast sandwich to a piece of pie for breakfast. I was always pleased with the results but grew to expect SLOW service if I ordered anything that needed to be made. I realized the service wasn't slow because they thought a lot of themselves, so I was OK with it. All staff was pleasant and helpful and the quality of the food made it worth the wait. The shining gem of this place I learned while on the phone with the owner is that they make everything there. What a satisfying bit of knowledge! Of course, I could also have read the "Made from scratch" note on their website...duh!

I've noshed on vegetable pot pie that had thick buttery crust, snarfed the best pumpkin pie EVER(for breakfast...I was prego at the time) chewed through a juicy chicken pesto panini and as of last night, food orgasmed my way through a butter cookie dipped in chocolate that was everything I ever wanted in a cookie. And I want A LOT out of my cookies since I am not eating sugar very often lately. I'd love to see food delivered a bit faster for meals, but I'll be smiling as I wait. Thank you, Thank you Blackbird Cafe.

Comments

  1. I will be sure to stop by here the next time I am in Valpo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go there. I've only ordered an iced tea there. Why don't we meet up sometime? I think I need that pot pie thing soonish.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Help Found: O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers

Screen addiction is a real thing and I sure have it.  Even as my daughters get older and more independent, I'm working to keep them off of screens most of the time.  We are all in on the library summer reading program and they know the only screen I like saying yes to is for ebooks.  Both of my daughters love books, and they just got rewarded for it on a routine visit to the vet!  A love of reading can help with screen addiction, and bookstores are a great solution. Until last week, I did not know there was a used bookstore in Chesterton, Indiana!  I have yet to visit the bookstore O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers, but my daughters and I are already raving fans.  One of the owners Jill,  stopped us at the veterinarian's office  to compliment my daughter Portia who was reading a book.  She said "I just love seeing children reading books, and I'd like to give you this card for $5.00  credit at our book store  O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers" .  We all smile

Help FOUND: Milkbands FREEBIE Contest!

Win a useful & unique gift (my favorite combination!) for any nursing mother...also a fantastic shower gift. I'm offering THREE free milkband bracelets from "www.milkbands.com" and I'll even cover the postage for you. I posted in May about Udder Covers from www.milkbands.com and the great service I received from them. Unfortunately I did not receive my package in a timely manner which surprised me. I called Jenny at their 800 number and left a message. She called back mortified and together we figured out it must have been a snafu at the Post Office. Jenny continued the great customer service streak by reshipping my order that day and including five milkband bracelets for me...super nice. I'm sharing like the thoughtful gal I am, of course. To win, simply comment on this post with a customer service experience story I can share on the blog. It can be good or bad but must be truthful and as detailed as possible. The first three stories win bracelets,

Help Found: Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing in Portage Indiana

Sometimes you meet someone who is doing exactly what they need to be doing in the world. I love it when this happens!  I saw Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing today when I was driving around and I thought he was one of those people.   I haven't actually met Bill.   He might to a horrid job detailing I dunno...but it feels like he is an awesome guy, doing  exactly what the world needs him to do.  Detailing takes attention to (wait for it....DETAIL) and patience. Hiring someone to detail you car for example, that buys you back precious time in a day.  This Bill guy...he takes even better care of folks by being mobile and bringing the business to them.   Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing. I was curious, so I looked Bill up. I know most people do not take the time to review businesses, but of the 18 people who did review Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing, Good ol Bill got FIVE STARS!  Bravo!  What great customer service to have a MOBILE Auto Detailing business for cars.  I wa