Skip to main content

Help FOUND: Uptown Kitchen, Alyssa

Yesterday the hubby and I headed to Uptown Kitchen for breakfast. It is such an inviting place to eat with fresh food and lots of healthy options. We don't choose the healthy options, but we are glad they are there.

The host was a pleasant guy who didn't offer us a highchair even though we had our baby with us in an infant carrier. It was no big deal to us, I made myself at home and went to get one. He saw me do this as he hustled through the kitchen running food and smiled sheepishly. I was so happy to be out to breakfast that I really didn't mind, but someone else might.

Our server was Alyssa, though I am probably not spelling it right (I'm sorry!). She was an almost perfect waitress. Alyssa was warm, friendly and thorough. She was elegant and professional and smiled a genuine smile. I really appreciated how polished she was but I did get the feeling that she was this way with everyone every time. That is of course an excellent quality in customer service, but I didn't feel special...that is the only reason I didn't say she was perfect! (I am one of those quirky people who wants to connect with everyone around me like a five year old standing on the sidewalk saying "Hi, I'm Heather, what is your name?" to perfect strangers.)

Our food was excellent and when we were leaving she still had not gotten back for a coffee refill so she offered a to go cup as a nice save. We were both tickled with that and took her up on it. My husband actually handed me the customer survey card to fill out and even he wanted to overtip her...we were that happy. We had a wonderful breakfast, enjoyed her service and I just wanted to say THANK YOU ALYSSA!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help Found: O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers

Screen addiction is a real thing and I sure have it.  Even as my daughters get older and more independent, I'm working to keep them off of screens most of the time.  We are all in on the library summer reading program and they know the only screen I like saying yes to is for ebooks.  Both of my daughters love books, and they just got rewarded for it on a routine visit to the vet!  A love of reading can help with screen addiction, and bookstores are a great solution. Until last week, I did not know there was a used bookstore in Chesterton, Indiana!  I have yet to visit the bookstore O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers, but my daughters and I are already raving fans.  One of the owners Jill,  stopped us at the veterinarian's office  to compliment my daughter Portia who was reading a book.  She said "I just love seeing children reading books, and I'd like to give you this card for $5.00  credit at our book store  O'Gara and Wilson, Booksellers" .  We all smile

Help Found: Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing in Portage Indiana

Sometimes you meet someone who is doing exactly what they need to be doing in the world. I love it when this happens!  I saw Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing today when I was driving around and I thought he was one of those people.   I haven't actually met Bill.   He might to a horrid job detailing I dunno...but it feels like he is an awesome guy, doing  exactly what the world needs him to do.  Detailing takes attention to (wait for it....DETAIL) and patience. Hiring someone to detail you car for example, that buys you back precious time in a day.  This Bill guy...he takes even better care of folks by being mobile and bringing the business to them.   Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing. I was curious, so I looked Bill up. I know most people do not take the time to review businesses, but of the 18 people who did review Bill's Mobile Auto Detailing, Good ol Bill got FIVE STARS!  Bravo!  What great customer service to have a MOBILE Auto Detailing business for cars.  I wa

Customer Service WANTED: Valparaiso Starbucks

I am not cool enough to work at Starbucks, but I love them anyway!  Starbucks is my longest relationship to date...we've been making each other feel good for almost thirty years.   My first Starbucks mocha happened when I was looking for my first Chicago apartment.  Walking the city streets in the Gold Coast, sipping this weirdly wonderful mix of coffee and hot chocolate and feeling dirt blow against my legs is forever ingrained in my soul.  I applied to work there when I was at my coolest; a Chicago actress with an Oprah commercial under my belt.  I'd heard they offered even part time employees health insurance, and I wanted in!  I didn't even get an interview, but I kept sipping that precious brew all my life.  One of the best things about Starbucks is the people they employ:  edgy, warm and friendly.  People uniquely interested in making YOUR day with their products. I was delighted almost every time I drove through the Starbucks drive thru.  I bring my own cup to c